Thursday, March 3, 2011

Day 62 of 365

Joy, you were such a beautiful person. I am so blessed by knowing you for as long as I did. You were an amazing woman. So strong, so funny, and boy could you play a mean game of Shanghai Rummy. We miss you so much, but we know you're in an awesome place right now. We know you're watching over us all, and we can't wait to see you again in heaven.

My mom had this picture of her and I together. It was taken a few days before I married my husband. I'm so thankful for this because I don't think I have one of just her and I together. It was a sad reminder to me that I don't take nearly enough pictures of my family. I need to take every opportunity to document memories for my daughter. She won't ever remember Grammie Joy and how much she loved her, but I can share my memories of her and show her some of the fun times we had.

Remember to say I love you, hug your loved ones, and take that camera everywhere you go.

No comments:

Post a Comment