Monday, January 17, 2011

Day 17 of 365

Beth Moore is my hero! She is an amazing woman...and if you're not familiar with her...I highly recommend checking out some of her books/bible studies. This was a Christmas gift...that I desperately need to start reading. Here's an excerpt from the jacket....

"We're insecure about everything from our looks to our worth as women, from our relationships to our futures, and everything else in between. You name it, and we're probably insecure about it. Let's be honest here. Insecurity makes us miserable. It cripples us. It makes fools of us. It makes us feel worthless. Insecurity has been a bad friend to us. The bottom line is that it's self-sabotage. Girlfriend, listen to me. Our insecurities are lying to us. It doesn't have to be this way. It's time to say 'so long!' to insecurity. How? First we have to understand it, and the good news is that insecurity is understandable. The even better news is that insecurity is curable. It's time we girls help each other out so we can be the best wives, mothers, sisters, daughters, and friends that we can possibly be. Let's have a chat, you and me, through these pages. I'd be honored if you'd join me on my quest for real, lasting, soul-deep security."

Amen!! Hopefully that will inspire you to check it out. I know for me, especially right now, those insecure feelings are creeping up when I think about starting my business. I'm not good enough to charge people. No one will want me to take pictures of their child/family. Why would anyone want me to do their pictures, when XYZ Photography Studio down the road will do SO much better. I have to learn to stop that negative talk...stop it right when I start to feel it. Take a moment, and recompose my thoughts...and focus on the positives. It's not an easy thing to learn...I'm hoping Beth has good exercises for me to learn :) Anywhoo...just thought I'd pass it on....feel free to share your thoughts/struggles/insecurities :) I won't judge...I'll probably agree right along with you :)

Hugs to you all on this Monday!!


2 comments:

  1. An excellent book! I learned SO much from it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You inspired me to read it :) After I finish we'll have to discuss it!!

    ReplyDelete